Public Forum - October 27, 2022
Harms to Marina:
Getting the FACTS about CalAm’s Desalination Project.
Approximate times for the agenda items:
- 1:20 – Citizens for Just Water Co-founder Kathy Biala - What is a slant well and what does the CalAm Slant Well Desal Project look like in Marina?
- 5:05 – MCWD General Manager: Rem Scherzinger - How will CalAm’s Project impact Marina’s water supplies?
- 14:50 – M1W General Manager Paul Sciuto - Pure Water Monterey Project and its Expansion: Bright Outlook for the future
- 24:40 – MPWMD General Manager David Stoldt - Does the Peninsula even need the CalAm project?
- 42:4 – Mayor Bruce Delgado & Mayor Pro Tem Kathy Biala - Why is this CalAm project a classic case of Environmental Injustice?
- 1:15:35 – Liesbeth Visscher, Citizens for Just Water chair - What you can do to help
- 1:20:40 – Give public comments in person in Salinas or at Marina City Hall
- 1:22:11 – Give public comments on Zoom
- 1:23:51 – Everyone: Submit an email!
- 1:25:25 – Recap what you can do to help!